Unpacking DisappointmentNov 28, 2022
We can feel a little beaten down as adults. Disappointments can tend to stop us from dreaming, and from hoping for greater expressions of our life.
So what can we do, as adults, to dream like kids again? To believe and dream big like we did when we were 6?
Well the key lies in unpacking and forgiving ourselves for reconciling our past disappointments as failures.
Because they weren’t!!!!
Sure, when we try to do something and it doesn’t go as planned...it can FEEL like a failure.
But truly...the only failure is when we stop trying. When we stop getting up one more time. When we say we don’t have any more dreams, or any more goals inside.
Take some inspiration from Fenix. Yep that’s him falling down yet again. Oh my when he would get excited and play with friends he would fall over all the time. We certainly didn’t think he’d ever get it together so much that he’s now prancing all over TikTok as the infamous Happy Dog 😆😂😜🤣😝
Let’s dive into this Step-by-Step Guide to unpack our past disappointments.
STEP-BY-STEP • Unpacking Disappointment for Greater Courage and Dreaming
I wish this were a quick fix. But it’s a journey.
A long, rewarding, and profoundly happy and fulfilling journey.
If you’re serious about really wanting to dream like a kid again…and really ready to unlock your courage for big dreams again. Consider doing this once a week until you can’t find any disappointments in your life! Until they all feel like incredible lessons and victories!
You will need:
- Pen and paper
- Sticky notes might be helpful if you want to post reminders
- A playlife, open, enthusiastic heart
- Let a disappointment come to mind. It could be recent, or many years ago. Write it down with as much detail as you can.
- Feel the disappointment and become aware of how you feel inside. Feel it. And write about how you feel.
- What does this feeling need from you?! Ask your feelings: the part that perceives the disappointment: what do you want? What do you need? Allow your feelings to answer. Write that down.
- Now can you give yourself what you need?! And if what you need seems like something that’s impossible ask yourself this question – How do I think I’ll feel if I get this thing that I want or need? And now give yourself that feeling – give yourself that inner experience.
- Great job! Now forgive yourself for judging, labeling, misunderstanding yourself as a failure. And tell yourself the truth – that you learned, growed and kept going! What a glorious victory! What a success that was!
Pro Tip 🏆 If you really want to understand how to turn these disappointments into victories you may need a little help! And that’s why we have LIVE Coaching Hours every month. If you have challenges or questions with this exercise, Submit a Question for the LIVE Q&A this month!
FREE MEMBERSHIP • Get Weekly Support
Sign up below to get Fenix' Weekly Happy Coaching Support via email.
FENIX' INNER CIRCLE • Get Daily Support
Learn more about Fenix' Inner Circle Membership. Daily life-changing support, and 50% of All Profits goes to Dog Rescues. Sign up for a free month now, then $7/month.
CREDIT • Acknowledgements
IMPORTANT • Disclaimer
Please be aware that you are responsible for all professional, legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual, decisions and outcomes in your life. This information is NOT to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual, mental health, or other qualified professionals. By using this information you acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporating coaching into those areas, and implementing your choices is exclusively your responsibility.
Read Full Terms and Conditions for the Use of Your Membership Here
© COPYRIGHT • Lumiere Inc 2022
This Happy Coaching Strategy and Guide is a resource created for Fenix & Friends’ Happy Coaching Membership • © Copyright Lumiere Inc 2022 • Unless otherwise expressly stated, all copyright and other intellectual property rights contained in this website are owned by Lumiere Inc and all rights are hereby reserved. To contact us for permission and licensing email [email protected].
Fenix’ Free Life Coaching
Sign up for my Free Weekly Happy Coaching delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.