Dreaming Big Like a Kid AgainOct 10, 2022
When we are children, we find it so easy to dream: to imagine big, bold and bright dreams for our life. We imagine being a fire-fighter, a ballerina, an astronaut. We find joy in imagining and pretending that dream is alive right now.
Most of us learn to stop dreaming, because of disappointments and perceived failure, and so we stop dreaming because we want to protect ourselves from feeling disappointed and like a failure again.
But what if being happy in this life is not about achieving our dreams, and much more about the pursuit of a dream.
Consider that simply by being open to new goals, new dreams, and new experiences in your life may open you up to unexpected happiness.
By letting yourself pretend, imagine, and dream what you would like to experience in your life, you are beginning to let go of some of the limitations of the past.
The following Step-by-Step Guide will help you learn to dream again, as a simple yet powerful way to open to greater experiences of happiness both now, and in the future.
STEP-BY-STEP • Dreaming Freely Again
You will need: • Approximately 30 minutes +
• A quiet place to sit, relax and dream
• Pen and paper
- Get comfortable, but not too comfortable. You want to be alert and attentive to this exercise.
- Answer the question: What do you want? Writing each experience / thing / dream / goal on a new line. Don’t think too hard. This isn’t a test you’ll be marked on. They can be small things, large things, believable things, unbelievable things. Do your best just to not censor yourself and just write down 100 things you want in life.
- Keep writing until you have 100 experiences / things / dreams / goals. Yes that’s right. I mean it. 100!
- That’s it! How do you feel?
CREDIT • Acknowledgements
Strategy by Zoë Lumiere
Step-by-Step Guide by Zoë Lumiere
Quote by C.S. Lewis
Image used in Quote by Greg Rakozy via unsplash
FREE MEMBERSHIP • Get Weekly Support
Sign up below to get Fenix' Weekly Happy Coaching Support via email.
FENIX' INNER CIRCLE • Get Daily Support
Learn more about Fenix' Inner Circle Membership. Daily life-changing support, and 50% of All Profits goes to Dog Rescues.
Sign up for a free month now, then $7/month.
© COPYRIGHT • Lumiere Inc 2022
This Happy Coaching Strategy and Guide is a resource created for Fenix & Friends’ Happy Coaching Membership • © Copyright Lumiere Inc 2022 • Unless otherwise expressly stated, all copyright and other intellectual property rights contained in this website are owned by Lumiere Inc and all rights are hereby reserved. To contact us for permission and licensing email [email protected]
Fenix’ Free Life Coaching
Sign up for my Free Weekly Happy Coaching delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.